Friday, September 21, 2012

Got Me A Cadillac Car

Cadillac Ranch: A lovely little stop off of the highway outside of Amarillo. It was created in 1974 by Chip Lord, Hudson Marquez and Doug Michaels. A number of Cadillacs from 1949-1963 are half-buried, nose first in the ground.

When I was researching stops along our drive, this little gem popped out at me and we had to stop here. Scott can tell you I was going crazy over the idea of Cadillac Ranch. It was all I could talk about the days leading up to the road trip. Did the idea of seeing the Grand Canyon and Four Corners excite me? Yes. But not as much as Cadillac Ranch. Weird. 

I was so excited because its such a weird stop. Millions of people can say they've been to the Grand Canyon, but what about Cadillac Ranch? How many people have gone there, huh?





2 comments:

  1. That's awesome! I didn't even know that place existed. P.S. I finally got your blog into my google reader account so now I can stay totally updated on your lives. You're welcome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts.

    cadillac peabody

    ReplyDelete