Saturday, November 3, 2012

Papa Louie


My grandfather passed away not too long ago. He had struggled with lung cancer for about a year until he decided it was time to stop fighting and go meet up with his Father in Heaven.

Unfortunately, I was gone for most of that year - either off at school or visiting my parents in Thailand that I didn't get to see him sick. I didn't get to see him become weaker, so his death shocked and surprised me because in my mind, he was still healthy.

My last memory of Papa was at my wedding reception. He seemed healthy. He laughed and smiled his big toothy grin. You wouldn't think just by looking at him that he was struggling.

Papa was always so full of love. I have so many memories of big hugs and service. He never hesitate to help someone out and he always made sure that those most near and dear to his heart felt his love and knew that he cared for them. I know I will see him again and I am so grateful for the time on this earth I was able to spend with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment