Tuesday, April 9, 2013

March Update

I know it's been a month since I've blogged, but granted, it's been a crazy month. I feel like I need one of those blurbs at the beginning of tv shows saying "Previously on Soxx and Rara..." just so we're all on the same page.

So this past month I have been in training at Southwest Airlines and learning so much. On average, I use about five different programs/applications to find information but I have been trained on ten or so. Tons of information. I swear everything you do in regards to flying is recorded in at least one of our systems. It's almost so detailed that if a passenger sneezes on a plane, we document it. Not really but I read so much information about flights, passengers, and all the behind the scenes stuff at the airports.

For the most part, the past month has been run-of-the-mill. I work in the morning because I'm in training and Scott has been working the 11am-8pm shift. So our days are pretty booked.

Here is our month in quick bullet points:
- A few weeks ago, we did go to a Calgary Flames game (pictures and formal  blog post to come)
- I took my first phone calls (eek!) and it wasn't as scary as I thought it would be.
- Scott spent a weekend taking a motorcycle driving class and officially got his Texas Driver's License for both vehicles and motorcycles
- We bought Scott a motorcycle and some cowboy boots.
- And our apartment was broken into.
-We attended our first gun show.

Yep. About two weeks ago we were about 20 minutes from home at Scott's eye appointment. I was holding onto Scott's phone and it rang with a blocked number on the screen. I thought it was a telemarketer and not worth answering. For some reason I answered anyway.

It was the cops.

The Dallas police officer I spoke to said that he got our number from our managers and said we needed to come right away. Our apartment door was kicked in and we needed to come and look at the crime scene.

The suspect only had just enough time to grab the first things he saw because our neighbor immediately called the cops when she heard him kicking our door, so by the time he got the door open, the cops were pulling into our complex. He grabbed Scott's new playstation and my laptop that was sitting on the couch. He ended up dropping the playstation on the cememnt walkway outside our apartment when he ran off, but my poor little laptop was no where to be seen.

We gave the laptop's serial number to the detective and checked to see if it pulled up on Apple's Find My iOS device feature, but no luck.

My tear ducts lasted until seconds after we spoke with the cops. I literally sat on the floor and all I could do was cry. Man oh man it was a rough day for me.

I told Scott that it wasn't that my laptop was stolen - I could care less about that. I was in shambles because some stranger was in our apartment. It felt violated. Any sense of security I had in that apartment was gone. I was a mess and randomly bursting into tears for the rest of the day. Scott was so supportive and was great to me.

I am happy to report that we were released from our lease and transferred to a new apartment that we abosolutely LOVE. We were moved in exactly a week from the break in, so we feel blessed and definitely see the Lord's hand in guiding us to where we need to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment