Monday, July 8, 2013

Fourth of July part one: Dallas Farmers Market

Scott and I luckily (and gratefully!) had the Fourth of July off of work. So we spent the day celebrating America in style. We first started off in style by sleeping in, of course! After which we lazed around and after getting ready for the day, donned in red, white, and blue, we made our way to the Dallas Farmers Market.




While there, we sampled fruit, vegetables, and prepared foods from various local vendors. I was a sucker for the nectarines and peaches. I tried a sample from every vendor that was offering! One of the vendors was selling roasted sweet corn - one of my favorites! And the sweet corn was topped with butter, mayo, and cheese. I know it sounds gross (especially if you're not a mayo fan, like me) but its actually really tasty.

Oh man. I love the market. I love sweet corn. What a great start to a great day off!



No comments:

Post a Comment