Monday, July 8, 2013

Fourth of July part two: Texas Rangers vs. Seattle Mariners

Scott and I love going to baseball games. The sun, the sunflower seeds and roasted peanuts, the cheering and the comebacks--we're both fans. I'll be honest, I am not a big sports enthusiast, but I do get swept in the excitement and the atmosphere when I physically attend a game.

We decided that a tradition we will do our best to uphold over the years is to attend a baseball game on the Fourth of July and end the night watching fireworks. Hopefully this is something that we can keep up even when we have kids. But can you think of a better way to celebrate America than by watching America's favorite pastime? I don't think so.

Well there we were, decked out head to toe in our Rangers gear, which is conveniently red, white, and blue. The Rangers played Seattle that day, crazy huh? I had an internal struggle on who I was really supporting - my home team or my new team. But since I was never really loyal before, I guess it doesn't really matter, especially now that I have a Texas Rangers hat.






The game was great. Couldn't be better. The Rangers and the Mariners battled it for a couple innings. The score was 2-3. In the bottom of the 7th inning, the Rangers scored 3 runs taking the lead. What a great comeback. And then they continued to defend it until the 9th. Such a great game. And if I, a girl who doesn't understand too much about sports, am saying that, it must be true!

The game ended with a fireworks show, which was pretty good. And it was so comfortable sitting in an actual seat then on the cold, wet grass. Scott and I agreed that it was one of the better shows we have seen. Maybe not absolute best, but it was up there.

All around, a great day, a great game, a great holiday. And we're proud to live in this great country.


No comments:

Post a Comment