Thursday, January 24, 2013

Hello 2013

Oh my goodness gracious. It's almost February. I haven't blogged since the Birthday Extravaganza in Chicago. Because so much happened, and painfully long blog posts are not my thing, you guys will get the extra short Readers' Digest version.

In mid-December, Scott officially "graduated" as an intern. The intern graduation was nice. The coordinators read bios of all of the interns as they walked ceremoniously across stage, stood in the spotlight and received their diplomas.


He also landed a full time position (fist pump in the air) in the Customer Relations department. There were no openings in the Marketing dept., so hopefully by staying with the company, he will be able to move back to his marketing team.

After graduation and my lovely last day at work, we packed up and flew standby back to Salt Lake for Christmas to spend it with Scott's family. Crazy I know to try and fly standby during the holidays but we took the first flight out and got lucky.

Going from Dallas to Salt Lake was a bit of a climate shock for me. I almost refused to leave the airport because it looked so icy out there. I was convinced I would slip and fall to my death the second I stepped outside. But I lived!

Instead of exchanging gifts this year, we decided to share a family experience and we took a cooking class! It was so much fun and I learned a lot. I think Scott and I may take several more cooking classes in the future because of how much we enjoyed it.


For Christmas I got a new little camera and a basic camera class (hopefully new blog post photos will reflect the skills I learn) and Scott got...wait for it... his own scuba gear! He got the entire regulator system - so regulator, octopus and computer. He was so excited. Unfortunately I don't have pictures of him opening his gift and checking out his new gear, but don't worry, there will be future diving adventures and blog posts.

We also went and saw Les Mis with Scott's parents and his cousin Nathan. Scott and I both LOVED it and this time around I felt like I knew the story pretty well and feel less of a newbie.

After Christmas, our time was spent packing up and preparing to drive back out to Dallas. We rented a 16' Penske truck and loaded 'er all up and left January 3rd. It took two days, five states, and about 23 total hours of driving time to make it to Dallas. But we did and got everything moved into our new apartment semi set up (it's still a process I am working on)

Other than the Christmas adventures, life's been good. Scott started his new job and I am looking and trying to make this apartment look homey.

No comments:

Post a Comment