Thursday, January 24, 2013

Silhouette'n in Seattle

Because Scott works full time for Southwest Airlines, we get flight benefits! So last week I decided to take a last minute trip to see Audrey and Austin in Seattle. And I really mean last minute - I looked at flights Monday night, and left Tuesday morning.

It was so much fun. Audrey and I chatted it up, started watching Downton Abby (only made it through 1 1/2 episodes) and just enjoyed our time. For Christmas Audrey got a Silhouette Cameo, so of course we had to try it out and make some cute little crafty-craft.

Audrey had some left over pieces of wood so we tried our hand at sanding them, priming and painting them, and then attaching a vinyl quote or phrase. It was so much fun. My green block has a line from our wedding song, Hold On by Michael Bublé. I also made some vinyl attachments for my flour, sugar, and brown sugar containers that I attached when I got back to Dallas.


And because I love this little guy so much, here is a picture of Austin dressed in a scuba BCD with a snorkel in his mouth! I took back an old microwave Audrey and Toren weren't using and the best packaging we could find was a scuba duffle bag, so while Toren and I were packing up the microwave in the bag, Austin donned on the gear.



No comments:

Post a Comment